I wonder if people still use aux cords?
Nowadays we have bluetooth and CarPlay, so the aux cord is starting to become obsolete...but anyways, back to the point of this blog. MUSIC. WORSHIP. JESUS. I love music, I love to sing, I love Jesus - and putting those all together is just *CHEF’S KISS*
There’s this one saying that Joel Houston had said in the movie/documentary, Hillsong: Let Hope Rise, “I believe God created music so that we could connect with Heaven.”
That one line gave me goosebumps because when you are being intentional with God and you’re listening to worship music, there is this peace and comfort that comes over you. At times, it is unexplainable because there are no words to describe how amazing it feels to be in God's presence. It’s as if all your worries no longer exist, and you can do anything without fear. A mix of emotions comes when in the presence of God during worship. We cry, we laugh, we sing - we can do anything before our Father because He loves us just as we are.
I believe that worship music helps me the most when it comes to connecting with God. The words that I am intentionally singing are as if He is literally standing right in front of me and I am just pouring it all out to Him. I am 27 years old and I grew up in the church, so I have come across A LOT of amazing worship music. The music on my phone consists of anything from when I was little growing up listening to what my parents would listen to, to the most recent songs that have come out. IN BOTH ENGLISH Y ESPAÑOL. I want to share with you a list of my favorite worship songs. This will probably be like 2% of my list, but this blog would go on forever if I put it all on here. These songs have helped me during times when I needed to find peace, feel victorious in the midst of my battle, feel joy and jump up and down, or cry out to God. We must worship our God in every circumstance.
"God is spirit, and his worshipers must worship in the Spirit and in truth." John 4:24 (NIV)
(LIST CONSISTS OF DIFFERENT GENRES)
- BETHEL MUSIC & DANTE BOWE – "CHAMPION"
- CAPITAL KINGS – "YOU’LL NEVER BE ALONE"
- CASTING CROWNS – "PRAISE YOU IN THIS STORM"
- CHRIS TOMLIN – "OUR GOD"
- CODY CARNES – "NOTHING ELSE"
- ELEVATION WORSHIP (FT. JONSAL BARRIENTES) – "SAME GOD"
- ELEVATION WORSHIP & MAVERICK CITY MUSIC – "NAMES"
- ELEVATION RHYTHM – "QUIET (STRIPPED)"
- EVAN CRAFT – "ALL I EVER NEED"
- FOR KING & COUNTRY – "SHOULDERS"
- HILLSONG WORSHIP – "WHO YOU SAY I AM"
- JEREMY CAMP – "I STILL BELIEVE"
- KARI JOBE – "OBSESSION (SPONTANEOUS/LIVE)"
- PLANETSHAKERS – "YOUR PRESENCE"
- VOUS WORSHIP – "GIVE ME JESUS"
(LISTA CONSTA DE DIFERENTES GÉNEROS)
- ART AGUILERA – "HAY LIBERTAD"
- BARAK – "LA TIERRA CANTA"
- DANIEL CALVETI – "LA NIÑA DE TUS OJOS"
- DANILO MONTERO – "ABRE MIS OJOS"
- EN ESPÍRITU Y EN VERDAD – "CRISTO YO TE AMO"
- ESPERANZA DE VIDA – "ME RINDO ANTE TI"
- JESÚS ADRIÁN ROMERO – "MI UNIVERSO"
- LILLY GOODMAN & JESÚS ADRIÁN ROMERO – "VEN, TE NECESITO"
- MARCELA GANDARA & JESÚS ADRIÁN ROMERO – "TÚ ESTÁS AQUI"
- MARCELA GANDARA – "A TI SEA LA GLORIA"
- MARCO BARRIENTOS – "JESUS MI FIEL AMIGO"
- MARCOS WITT – "TU FIDELIDAD"
- MIEL SAN MARCOS & JUAN CARLOS ALVARADO – "CRISTO NO ESTÁ MUERTO"
- MONTESANTO & AVERLY MORILLO – "DERRAMO EL PERFUME"
- TERCER CIELO – "NO ESTOY SOLO"
As you can see, I do like some artists more than others, but one thing remains the same no matter what artist or song I listen to - God knows my heart and knows I am doing it to worship and glorify His name. Anybody can sing. It doesn’t matter if you think you sound bad. God doesn’t care. YOU SING.
"Sing to God, sing in praise of his name, extol him who rides on the clouds; rejoice before him—his name is the Lord." Psalm 68:4 (NIV)
God loves it when we come to Him in worship.
Something I will recommend my friend: In the middle of your battle, in the valley, when you’ve reached the mountaintop, or when you are about to enter into another valley, never forget to praise our Father. He will get you through whatever you are going through. I can say from the valley I am going through right now, God has been the one to remind me that I just need to take it day by day and not miss out on what He is trying to teach me. Never get tired of giving Him thanks or singing to Him. It’s going to be okay.
"Why, my soul, are you downcast?
Why so disturbed within me?
Put your hope in God,
for I will yet praise him,
my Savior and my God." Psalm 42:11 (NIV)
Check out the podcast below!
Are you searching for a Christian church in Omaha Nebraska? Our hope is that we could be the home you have been looking for! To learn more about our Omaha church services click here.