Sometimes when life is heavy, unfair, sad, or frustrating, it is hard to sing out praises of thankfulness.
It may feel like forcing happiness and glossing over our trials. But worship actually stirs up joy in our souls. Because joy is not like happiness, dependent on feelings and circumstances. Joy comes from deep within, a result of realizing you are forever saved and covered by your faithful Father. So whether you find yourself in the valley or the mountaintop of life, choose to worship today.
Worship is simply thanking God for who He is and all He has done for you.
One way worship is lived out in our lives is through singing and dancing. So find your aux or your Bluetooth speaker. Turn on some of these songs. And sing every word like you truly mean it. Because even if these words do not match your feelings or circumstances, the Truth and Promises of God are worth jamming out to.
- Graves Into Gardens by Elevation Worship
- Might Get Loud by Elevation Worship
- Awake My Soul by Hillsong Worship & Tasha Cobbs Leonard
- Bless Me by Maverick City Music & Kirk Franklin
- Simple Gospel by United Pursuit
- The Way You Love by Vox Worship
- Good Grace by Hillsong United
- No One by Elevation Worship
- I Thank God by Upperroom & Maverick City Music
- This Is What You Do by Bethel Music
- Never Lost by Tauren Wells
- RATTLE! by Elevation Worship
- Every Little Thing by Hillsong Young & Free
- When I Think About The Lord by Christ for the Nations
- Rule by Hillsong United
- Let Go by Hillsong Young & Free
- Firm Foundation by Maverick City Music
- War Cry by The Belonging Co
- Wake by Hillsong Young & Free
- Melodies From Heaven by Kirk Franklin
This is just a short list of some praise songs, old and new, that we can worship through. Don’t stop at these 20 songs. Worship can happen anytime and anywhere, and it doesn’t have to sound pretty. God delights in your heart of thankfulness, so sing out to Him. As you draw close to the Lord, He draws close to you.
“I will praise the name of God with a song; I will magnify him with thanksgiving.” Psalm 69:30
When I was first around praise and worship, I would think that it was all for show. That the shouting, dancing, singing, and jumping I saw people doing was all pretend. But I’ve come to see that something happens in your heart when you truly realize what God has done for you. When you reflect on the size of His love for you. When you think on the price He paid so that you can live in a relationship with Him. When you remember His faithfulness and provision. When you try to grasp the forever acceptance and forgiveness He has for you:
You can’t help but sing. You can’t help but worship.
“Finally, brothers, whatever is true, whatever is honorable, whatever is just, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is commendable, if there is any excellence, if there is anything worthy of praise, think about these things.” Philippians 4:8
No matter what you are walking through, no trial or circumstance can take away your forever salvation and the love of your Heavenly Father. Think about that. Let it stir something in your heart.
He is so worthy of praise.
Check out the podcast below!
Are you searching for a Christian church in Omaha Nebraska? Our hope is that we could be the home you have been looking for! To learn more about our Omaha church services click here.